High viscosity water-based pull off chipping type plaster
Typically applied with a trowel
May be stippled or touched with the flat surface of the trowel
as the plaster starts to dry (10 to 20 minutes of drying)
- When touched, the plaster will adhere to the trowel, creating a chipped plaster/concrete look and feel.
- As the plaster starts to set up and dry, tapping it with a paper towel and trowel will provide various textures.
- These textures may be further modified by allowing them to dry and then knocking the texture down with the edge of the trowel.
- Rotto is also easily scraped off with a putty knife while it is partially dry creating an additional chipped plaster appearance.
- Once the plaster is fully dry (next day recommended) the plaster may be color washed with Faux Colorants and glaze.
- Rotto should not be vigorously stirred or mixed.
- If a small amount of water separation is observed on the top of the product upon opening the container, a gentle mixing action to fold the product together is all that is needed prior to application.
- Too much mixing or shaking may temporarily lower viscosity and adversely modify application properties.
- Rotto is available in tint base only
- Approximate coverage is 75-100 sq ft/gal, depending on application method